Saturday, February 28, 2009

COME SWING WITH ME

My southern roots come out during the summer time. When the sun is shining and the birds are chirping  I put my  teak  swing under the eaves of my big old porch. I would love for you to come over for a visit. We could lounge on the porch drinking lemonade, a Coke or what have you and solve the worlds problems or gossip about hollywood stars, whatever  is your thing. Or we could just swing back and forth as we listen to the neighbor mow the grass or the kids play in the sprinklers. If you relaxed so much that you fell asleep and began to snore, I wouldn't even giggle or make fun of you. (Well, maybe just a little bit!). But, isn't that what you do on a relaxing, lazy summer day on a wonderful  summer porch swing?) Remember, ya'll come back now and sit a spell on my front porch and we'll have us a nice little chat...

3 comments:

  1. Oh such cute posts! So happy for you grandma Deb, what a special time that was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I love the sunshine, and I love the sweet air. I love everything....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense some spring fever from this post... are you feeling it as bad as I am? I can't wait to the daffodils and tulips... and warmer temperatures so me and Mary can come swing with you on the porch.

    ReplyDelete